Monday, November 14, 2011

The Maternal Interference

My Mom has my best interests at heart. I know this. She just wants me to be happy, and finding the right guy is part of that. Seeing as I haven't had much luck in that department, her helping out can only make things better. Hopefully. Her methods of finding me a mate are, well, a touch unconventional.


Take this past summer as an example. The whole family had congregated in Edmonton for my brother's wedding and, a couple of days before, I was having lunch with my parents at one of our favourite restaurants. I hadn't seen my parents in about 6 months (living in different provinces and all) and in that time I switched perfumes. So, when my Mom came in and gave me a hug, she caught my new scent and commented on it. She then proceeded to turn to one of the owners of the restaurant and say "Hey Danny, you should smell her, she smells great!" To which he replied, while pointedly looking at me "I was thinking about it."


Just last month I was up in Edmonton for another wedding - friends of the family this time - and my parents were there as well. The wedding was held in a bar, a fun, casual affair with lots of laughs. During the course of the evening the groom, Andy, got up to thank the staff of the bar for all of great work they had done. When he had said his piece, my Mom yells out "Especially the bartender -you're hot!" and then she points at me "And she's single!"


Life Lesson: You're parents really do have your best interest at heart. How they go about it may not always be the most conventional way, but they really are trying to do whats best.

No comments:

Post a Comment