Friday, October 14, 2011

The Valium Approximation

A while ago, I was in a dance class where we rotated partners, and at one point I ended up dancing with a gentleman who I knew from previous classes. Now, when I dance, I am happy, that is the plain truth of it. And when I'm happy, I smile. So, by the time this gentleman was my partner, I was feeling good, smiling away. We danced the section we were working on and, just before he moved onto his next partner, he looks at me and says "You're always so happy. It makes me happy. You're better than Valium!"

A few days later I was back in the classroom and related this story to one of my fellow teachers. One of my students, Anne, heard, and came to me a little while later with a sign that read "Tara - Better than Valium". The sign has been posted on my desk ever since, and makes everyone who sees it smile.

Life Lesson: Smile. It makes you feel better, and it makes the people around you feel better. Guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment